So who's returning or waiting it out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mzt, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mzt macrumors member

So I ordered it on June 15th and believe I have till the 16th of July to return for the full refund to Apple.

Who's going to wait it out and see if this software update fix's any of these issues? I was thinking of just holding on to it and maybe just exchanging it for a 're-furbed' model down the road (once they really fix these issues). I also have a Sqauretrade warranty as well.

FYI
    I really don't see how the software fix will fix current phones out there, since I drop calls/stalling 3G data all the time even when im full bars, etc.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm not retuning the best and most sought after mobile smart phone on the planet.;)

3. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

I have 3 more weeks to decide. My calls have started to drop and quality has suffered, so I really need to test this. If I don't have a functional phone I'll have to revert to my 3G, which I would hate to do.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Haven't decided yet, like you I completely love this phone, but at my house te second I pick up the phone I get no service, while with my 3G I would still have 1 or 2 bars no matter Which way I hold it. It also just kills my battery if I use it too long because it's constantly searching for signal. I will probably wait until the last day before I decide, and keep trying any fixes apple sends out or ones mentioned here until then.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Keeping it. I bought a bumper case and will never use it naked so the workaround is good enough for me.

6. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Mine works great so there is nothing being returned here :D

7. Alphaspida macrumors member

8. Haziza macrumors member

Haziza

Ain't buying Iphone 4 before this hardware antenna is fixed.

To much money for a Phone that you cant hold as you want it, come on wtf is going on?

9. shadrap macrumors 6502

Then you are missing out. Go to reputable sites that have evaluated the issue, it's a non-issue.

Macrumors has become troll central and is not to be considered reputable anymore.

10. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

Will all you ****ing whiners PLEASE return the phone and leave the rest of the 1.7 million happy iPhone owners alone!?

PLEASE! PLEASE RETURN THE PHONE AND GET ANOTHER PHONE!

I am BEGGING you! I just would like these forums back to normal instead of run rampant with Android trolls (and Google employees) and morons who don't understand that the issue is NOTHING.

11. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Quit bitching, maybe if apple actually replaced those of us with defective phones with good ones like te one you have, the complaints would come way down. Also, lmao if you think this is just "apple haters" making stuff up to "sully" the name apple.

12. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

YOU quit bitching. If you don't like it, return it. It's clear you guys don't believe Apple that it's a software issue and it's CLEAR after an article came out saying that even with the drop in reception it doesn't drop calls that it's a non issue.

If you don't like it, return it. Otherwise, shut the hell up because this "issue" ain't gonna leave you alone.

13. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

I cancelled the pre-order and returned the bumpers yesterday. Nor am I going to wait for Apple to fix something that should've been done before the started accepting money for it. That's bad business. My friend has one and is returning his today, going back to his 3GS and waiting until they fix this thing.

Again, I love how people with iPhone 4 problems are labeled as "whiners" and not "customers."

14. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10423110&postcount=4

15. gmtking macrumors newbie

hey guys, instead of returning it, drop me a line and I will buy it! it looks impossible to find one!!!!

16. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Who said I don't like it? I love the phone and I don't want to return it. I want a working unit like the one you have, why is that so hard to understand? Maybe the software fix will do it, I don't know. But the phone I have right now isn't working correctly, and apple refuses to exchange it. And right now my phone gets no service where I live if I touch the spot, no data or voice, so fixing how the bars are represented won't change that unless there is something else they're doing, while my 3G gets 1 or 2 bars and my nokia phone gets 3 bars. And no one will stop complaining until apple fixes this, whether an update or exchange. So get used to complaints.

17. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Ill wait it out. till then I'm happy with my Nokia 5800. "Hold it the way YOU want." lmao......

18. kits macrumors member

I think it's more profitable to sell on ebay than return and buy an unlocked phone unless you want to leave AT&T along with the return. If I don't care able being with AT&T, I would be watching for Droid X on verizon. Some might even like Samsung Galaxy expected to come on AT&T soon. Unfortunately, Samsungs look butt ugly to me.

I myself just sold iPhone4 and will be getting Xperia X10a which costs around $450 after bing and ebay bucks for a lovely 4" screen.

19. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Ehhh, they can't count the pre-order window as your return window. They can only count it when you got charged for it - ie when they shipped it. That's when you actually bought it. You have more time.

20. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Apple will only feel the pinch when they get thousands of returns.... I'm surprised no-one has started an un-launch day.

21. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

My phone is not affected, but a case would simply solve the problem. Plus, a software fix is coming. The formula is a non-linear equation that involves multiple variables. The sensitivity factor is low in high reception area and the converse is true.

22. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

And then you woke up....:rolleyes:

23. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I doubt I return it. I'll just hold it different.

24. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Returning my iPhone 4 next week. Paid $699 and ATT still adds a new two year plan to my account. Only solution according to Apple/ATT is to return and buy a new one. It is a loss for Apple since they have to re-package it and re-sell it as used. Why can't they just update the system is beyond me.

25. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

Exactly! You don't live close enough to a strong enough signal. Nothing will fix the iPhone 4 for you. You just said so. Your only plan of action is to return the phone and move on.

Even Anandtech who got actual data shows that the drop when held a certain way is not enough to actually matter in real world use and even showed that the phone is an improvement over the 3GS.

You simply don't get service in your home. I had Verizon phones in the past in my last apartment that didn't get service where I lived. It's a fact of life. You may need another carrier.