So who's waiting for the iPhone 6s or 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raffi, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

They will most definitely be better than the current ones that will be outdated in a year.:D

2. turbo350z macrumors newbie

And go a year with an eligible upgrade and an iphone 5? Not a chance

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'll be waiting in line... in the pre order store pickup line! :p

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I considered it since my contract will be up later this year, to just wait for the 6S+. Though the 6+ is very tempting. I just recently talked myself out of buying it off contract for full price. I dont think I can wait for the 6s+ versions D:

5. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Might as well wait for the 7, or the 7s, because they will be better than the 6 or the 6s, which will also be outdated in a year.

Nice logic. :apple:

6. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Not me, I upgrade my phone every 2 years therefore I skip the 'S' models.

7. Raffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Great idea!

8. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Every phone subsequently released will be better than the last. You smoking that "duh" weed?

9. Raffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raffi

You have no idea what sarcasm is, do you?

10. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Same here. I've got a 5, and I'm due for a new one. I will skip the 6S and wait for the 7 though! Lol

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

This is an extremely good, non-redundant "sarcastic" post. You should be proud of yourself. :rolleyes:

12. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

By that logic, I would be waiting indefinitely until technology progress comes to a halt. Just buy the damn phone if you need/want it, and upgrade to the next new one if you feel like you can't live without it. The technology in the 6/6+ is not going to be outdated for several years.

13. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

I'm on the same boat lol. It's more perfect for us cause we're always going to be elgible for the newest edition of iPhone instead of pointless "s" series.

14. PTLove macrumors 6502

Getting the 6 right now, next year I plan to get the 6s Plus. The year will give apps time to evolve and hopefully Apple will have a 1:1 screen in that model.

15. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

Me and I only just bought the Plus :) - always buy the new iPhone.

16. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Not to sound mean, but these threads are so annoying. Obviously next year's phones will be better.. Why the hell would Apple release the next generation iPhone and make it inferior to the previous generation?

Also, who's waiting? Judging by the preorders, virtually no one but you.

/Rant

17. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

And the same can be said about the iPhone 6s when the iPhone 7 comes out.

I usually upgrade whenever I am eligible for a full subsidy (started with 3GS, got the 4S after two years). Except I skipped the 5S because I never thought the 5 was that revolutionary to begin with, so I figured I'd wait for the 6.

The truth is one can rationalize not upgrading by saying there will be something newer and better down the line, but by the same token you could wait forever. Really depends on what the individual needs out of his/her phone and what device they are using currently. Since I've got the 4S with a tiny screen and no LTE, the 6 Plus will be a huge, worthwhile update for me.

18. Raffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I orderd a 6 plus at 1:00 in the morning last friday.

19. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Not sure yet. I have an iPhone 5 that will be eligible in January for an upgrade. I'm just not sure if I want to sign a new contract or do Edge for the 6 (can't afford full price right now) when I could be booted off my Verizon family plan in a year (or at least my parents might think it's time). I'm in college and will graduate a year from December. Do I sign a contract and have to keep my phone for two years, potentially getting stuck with a Verizon plan I can't afford? Or do I do Edge and get basically the same deal? If I wait until early 2016 I could potentially have a job where I could afford a T-Mobile 3gb or 5gb plan. But I could also get the 6 and just convince my parents to let me pay for my line on contract ($40) or my Edge (about $35; $65 if I pay for edge and line access). That would probably be cheaper than paying for my own T-Mobile with a new iPhone. I'd probably prefer to pay the subsidy and my line on contract since that's cheaper for me monthly, I can come up with $199 for a 16gb iPhone 6 or 6s plus AC+ and taxes. I also don't mind keeping an iPhone for two years, so Edge isn't necessarily better for me.

Of course this could all be moot since my brother is six years older and still on our family plan.

20. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Take the last sentence off my post and it remains true.