So whos waiting on the element case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lamarak, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Using a vroom from incase while I wait for the element. The case really looks nice and though some deem it expensive, I dont mind paying for style and be a bit unique. )

So are you waiting and what are you using during the mean time.

2. Raziel66 macrumors newbie

My phone is still on order from AT&T, but I've ordered the SGP Leather skin set and I am about to order a cheap bumper knockoff on Ebay. Put my name in for the Element Vapor... hoping for some reviews of the first shipment to be posted though before I put up the money for mine.

3. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

I am, but it's gonna be awhile cause I pre-ordered the silver on silver with carbon fiber backing.

I've got the Apple bumper for now.

4. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I put my info in to pre-order a red one. I am currently using an iFrogz luxe original. My SGP vintage leather case has shipped and I am also waiting for the white Apple bumper that I ordered on the 18th as well as a red Marware bumper. Those should hold me for awhile.

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

my order is paid and "awaiting fulfilment" on element's side...so all I can do is sit and wait for it...black on black with no logo (hopefully, I asked for no logo) but whatever...I'm in canada and we still dont have the iPhone 4 here yet anyways but I would love to have the case first so I'm ready for its release. I have an iLuv edge here already just in case I dont get the vapor before the iPhone 4

6. Potheadhero macrumors newbie

I have a quick question. Did you pre order the case by just buying it @ the shopelementcase website or did you actually get a pre order email? I really want to order this case and I have not received an email regarding the pre order but I noticed that you can just go to the website even though there is a comment on the pre order page about receiving a pre order number so im pretty confused. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance guys.

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

i just ordered from the site and put in the preorder code "julypreorder" but I dont think that code is valid anymore...you could always try though...just might have to wait until the second shipment

8. amps macrumors member

It indicates from the pre-order email I received that they match up the email address.

"Quantities and color choice may be changed from your pre order form, but the name or email must match the one you used on the pre order form."

I would think if they accept payment, that you would receive a case at some point. It is a bit confusing. I'm in the #3500 range, so it might be the end of July before I see a case. Not too crazy about their online setup but I guess we'll see what happens.

9. Potheadhero macrumors newbie

Ok I guess I will just go ahead and give it a shot. What colors did you guys order? I am probably aiming at the black and red.

10. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

went for black/black as its one of the combinations that will be released and ready first

11. armorplate macrumors newbie

Element Vapor Case

Just venting...the customer service is horrible. forget even thinking you will get a response when you send an email. they send out these vague email updates leaving customers wondering...what group your in and when in the hell youll get a case. let me say... i understand they are busy but when you take peoples money ahead of supplying a product or service, you better expect people to be on you for answers and somewhat decent customer service. if your selling $80 cases, hire some help so that you dont piss people off. As of now, i finally got a email saying that they "processed " a shipping label but apparently it takes them days to actually get your package to the post office.

heres the message i got from the post office.."The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 06, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

We will see how long it takes to actually get my case in the hands of the post office. Over the time span of 1 month, i have sent 10 emails with only 1 response. I got so irritated that i asked for my order to be cancelled and my money refunded because i was leaving for a month long business trip and if i didnt have my case by the time i left, i just wanted my money back ( BTW, no response to those emails either ). i dont care how good a case their product may be...due to my past experience with element, i will never buy anything else from them again.:eek::confused::confused::confused:

12. Bakakage macrumors 6502

It's pretty expensive, so I'm waiting for videos/pictures of it before ordering. I'm thinking of getting a incase slider instead since I had/loved it on my 3GS, but the vapor looks too damn sexy. The bumper I have is fine for now while I wait.

13. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I'm on their pre-order list for Black/Red with the carbon fiber backing.

Looks like it's going to be a WHILE before I get it though so I'm rocking PowerSupport Crystal on the back and SGP Ultra Oleophobic on the front with a Speck GeoMetric.

14. Munitalp macrumors 65816

15. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

16. vivieno macrumors newbie

Hey just going through these treads cause I'm still waiting for my case to come for over 3 weeks now. Got the email saying it was shipped and nothing...I'm a total slave to my mailbox!!

Did you ever get yours?

17. tomashi macrumors regular

18. fdxgnd macrumors regular

I just received one of the graphite ones off eBay. $120 with carbon to my door. Got it in 3 days. Just an option for those that want one bad. I got a black not too for $130 with carbon. No issues at all with them.

19. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

I got a black and red no carbon. $120usd shipped, send out as soon as money clears. Pm me for more info.

20. SR Steve macrumors member

I'm interested to see how all of these metal cases shake out after a year...

Will the ones with piss-poor customer service and reception problems be able to survive? Or will the new players who've sat back and observed take the lead and provide a superior product at a better price?

So far it seems that this market is wide open. What are your predictions? Will Element be able to survive after all of the negatives?

21. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

It is pretty hard for them to thrive as before if they do not change the brand strategy.

22. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I was really excited about throwing over a 100 bucks at this company until I realized that I could probably conjure something twice as good out of tin foil.