iPad So whose getting a new smart Case for their iPad air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RenoG, Oct 22, 2013.

1. RenoG macrumors 65816

Yup I am in, that expensive $69 leather too.
    The new leather case on my phone has me sold.

Besides that it looks like it will be more comfy to hold i.e. not dig in your hand with its pointy seams like the current one does.

See look at those nice flat rounded comfy edges:

[​IMG]

2. miamihacker macrumors regular

3. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I was shocked that they were leather. That's what sold me. Unless 12 South can come out with a case between now and Nov 1 i will be getting a smart case.

4. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

I bought the Red Apple Leather case for my iPhone 5s and love it so I am in on this!!

Problem is, I can't decide between the black mini 2 with a red cover to match my phone, or the white mini 2 with a brown cover!!

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

As per usual we are getting screwed in the UK as the cost of the new smart case is £65 and thats over $100 USD.
    I will relent though and get one when I get my Air

6. troubleonline macrumors 6502a

troubleonline

I think US prices are before tax as it varies from state to state. I used to think similar!

7. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I really like the smart case on my Ip5s. I would like the same on the Air, but it looks like the front is attached and can't be removed. I just need the back and sides covered in that nice leather. Any 3rd parties have this product yet?

8. leenak macrumors 68020

Unfortunately since they don't have a leather-free option, I won't be getting one. I'm pretty bummed that they only offer it in leather.

9. keigo macrumors regular

I don't like apple case because the position is limited and also the cover do not stay close (easily flip open by movement)

10. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I think I'm on board. Will have to see it in person before i pull the trigger.

11. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Is anyone worried the non-black cover is going to pick up dirt/grime and not going to clean up?

12. phobium macrumors newbie

Not a fan of Apple's own accessories. The plain smart covers were fine, but their cases always seem to wear very fast or paint rubs off.

Unless they've fixed that issue by now. I remember the first leather case for the original iPad deteriorating and the colored leather options with the color rubbing off.

13. tmolloy macrumors newbie

My friend got their official iphone 5s leather case and it hasn't held up very well. Also, for $79, why are there not port covers?!

14. redman042 macrumors 68020

15. d0nK macrumors 6502

£65!! ($102!)
    Need a plastic version with a lower price.
    £65 is a lot of money for a case.

16. syd430 Guest

Really wish they made a leather smart cover like previous iPad's.

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I bit the bullet and purchased the case in blue with my new white Air. First impressions is sheer quality but time will tell. I have smothered it in leather protector and at £85 I expect it to maintain an as new condition. If it starts to deteriorate beyond reasonable standard wear and tear, I will take it back

18. M87 macrumors 65816

I was offered a free Smart Case or Cover with my Air. I picked the cover because I hate the idea that the cover on the Case can't be removed and I just don't find a case necessary on an iPad.

19. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Really happy with the colour I chose and no complaints about the leather but it feels really loose and flexible around the edges where I would normally hold it which is kind of annoying. Was hoping for more of a snug fit for £65

How it looks when not holding the edge

[​IMG]

Might not seem like much from the picture but it feels pretty large on the thumb

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. d0nK macrumors 6502

Where is tax 30% though??

$79 = £50
    £65 = £50 + 30% tax

30% !
    In the UK, when outside of the Apple twilight zone, we pay 20% tax.

21. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

How stable are the stand modes? I'm especially interested in the stand's stability when used for typing on your lap, as when sitting on a couch... Does it wobble around a lot, or collapse easily?

22. SL4VE macrumors 6502

I've got that colour on my iPhone and 3 weeks later the edges are going black just from resting it on the table. i don't even wear jeans often, but i can imagine colour transfer.

albeit it does look aged and stunning to me, more of a rugged worn cowboy look than mint leather

23. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Next to useless I'm afraid. I've never liked using it that way but I can tell you it's bad... Really bad

24. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Darn it. The Smart Cover panel design was always a step back from the iPad 1 case's stand design (though the Smart Cover and Case are a step up in every other way).

Oh well, I suppose I'll have to go third party. The STM Studio is supposed to have a very stable stand. Seems awful thick, though.

25. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Add a lot of weight and while its leather its not very good quality for $79.00
    And the cover does not grip to the back with the sleep/wake magnet and just flops over, it is soooo annoying. Not keeping the case.