So why did Apple move the headphone jack?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ggvfvgbffbf, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ggvfvgbffbf macrumors member

Ok, so I moved from a 4S to a 6.

I love it. Except for one thing! Why is the headphone jack on the bottom. I don't get it. Was it a technical reason?

It now means I have to put my phone upside down in the cup holder in my car when I'm listening to music thru the car stereo. Whenever I get a notification I have to pull it out and flip it the right way up.

I don't get it.

2. paulink macrumors member

When you pull the phone out from your pocket with headphones in, it comes out right side up.

3. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Depends on how you take it out of your pocket though. For me, since the change, it comes out upside down.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

There is already a thread about this when the 5 came out. 1/2 of the people prefer on top, the other half, bottom. Can't please everybody. Ideally Apple should have both and let the user pick eh.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I put my phone in my pocket with the top of the phone pointing towards the ground so a headphone jack on the bottom is ideal for me.

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I always put my phone top down first when I slide it in my pockets. So when I pull it out its right side up. This is why they made the headphone jack at the bottom. More efficient and aerodynamic.

7. doboy macrumors 68000

This is the feature I missed when I used Samsung devices