so why might my iPhone 6 battery life be bad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 23, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I woke up at 3:30 today and took the phone off the charger and have been using it frequently since but basically Safari browsing text messaging and a few games for like 5 minutes each. Now it's 7:40 and it's down to 35%. It's my second day everything is done downloading etc.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

330am?

3. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pm

4. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

Battery tips

I do the following to maximize battery life:

- Background App Refresh: I keep the list as short as possible. Currently have 4 apps with this on.

- Location Services: I keep the list as short as possible. Currently have 12 apps as "Always" or "While Using".

- Notifications: I keep the list as short as possible. Currently have 16 apps with notifications. I turn off all diagnostics (Product Improvement) in the System Services.

- Reduce Motion: I turn this on. It eliminates the moving image effect on the home screen.

- I close apps when not using.

- Display brightness when I am inside is set at about 30% -- more than bright enough for me to see the screen.

- Personal Hotspot off until I need it.

- Mail set to fetch hourly (manual even better, but hourly works well for me).

Other settings:
    - WiFi is always on.

- Bluetooth is aways on as I am in / out of my car during the day.

5. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I am struggling in determining if I want to maximize battery life or use every feature on the phone.

I have probably gone back and forth several times in my head. Right now I have just turned on pretty much everything and will see how the battery is affected. If I'm not satisfied with battery performance, I'll start to mess with the settings.

Something about turning off features on my brand new phone makes me mad.

6. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Mostly everything on this list is fine except "closing" apps does nothing for you.

Otherwise, with "similar" settings and practices, this is where I stand for today's usage:

[​IMG]