So Will Mavericks Have The Same Pastel Color Icons?

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
The icons in Mavericks during the WWDC reveal looked like they currently are, I hope that stays the same. I couldn't bear to look at horribly bright pastel colors all day long. That alone would be a reason not to upgrade to Mavericks.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
That alone would be a reason not to upgrade to Mavericks.
Don't be silly, it takes only seconds to change an icon, unlike an iPhone you can skin your OS to look however you want (for the most part).

Last edited:

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Don't be an ignorant. It literally takes 1 second to change an icon, unlike an iPhone you can skin your OS to look however you want (for the most part).
Responding to a simple question with insults is the fastest way to get banned on this website.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
The icons in Mavericks during the WWDC reveal looked like they currently are, I hope that stays the same. I couldn't bear to look at horribly bright pastel colors all day long. That alone would be a reason not to upgrade to Mavericks.
Since this is a update, probably not. When Apple rewrites OS 10 to OS 11 then I can see new icons across the board.

rainydays

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
Since this is a update, probably not. When Apple rewrites OS 10 to OS 11 then I can see new icons across the board.
It wouldn't be the first time they changed the style of a large set of icons in an update like this though. They changed the folder icons pretty drastically in Leopard. However, even though the app icons have changed throughout time the style has remained pretty much the same.

I really hope they keep it that way even though it isn't consistent with iOS.

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Oh my. If iOS7 didn't do it, that would surely be enough to make Steve Jobs return from the dead in fury.
I'm curious as to why there is even a small minority whom deem iOS 7 to be acceptable or even awesome, when the same thing transferred over to the desktop would almost unanimously be rejected.

-SC