So will the 17" MBP be in stores tomorrow?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nikos, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Everyone keeps saying February 3rd but I have yet to see this date anywhere except for this forum. I haven't even seen it on the MR main page. Is this official or was it just a guess?

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its most likely to arrive in store on a Tuesday, as with Apple tradition, but since the Macworld revelations noone can say for sure. Surely someone here must know something though, I cant wait to get my hands on one again.

4. quackwack macrumors member

worth a ring tommorow morning. hopefully central london won't be "shut down" due to the snow again!

5. quackwack macrumors member

just rang apple store regent street, london. not in stock yet :(

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Belfast doesn't have them yet either, they have no idea when they're due in, they're going by the 7-10 days from the website :s

7. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

8. Nikos thread starter macrumors 68000

Nikos

Where on the East coast?

9. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

10. Nikos thread starter macrumors 68000

Nikos

Couldn't care less about the Yankees, baseball is the worst sport in existence IMO. Lived right outside of Boston last year for 4 months or so and it seems like baseball is the only thing people care about up there. As soon as someone found out I was from NY, baseball immediately came up. I've never watched a full game of baseball in my life, it's just way too boring.

How about that superbowl last year though eh? :p

11. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

None in Glasgow either.

Wednesday - hopefully.

12. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

Spoke to the Manager of the one by me. He said Apple might be releasing the new 17" into the stores over the weekend but they weren't sure of the exact date. He said it might be this weekend. But probably not cause they usually would of gotten the laptops and marketing material in by now. So he said it is probably going to be the weekend of the 13th.

Just letting everyone know what the horses mouth said. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about it.

13. quackwack macrumors member

regent street had already started advertising the new 17 inch model with the price and listing it on a large comparison chart etc with the other macbooks and macbook pros, this was about 2 weeks ago friday though. hopefully this week eh?

ill keep ringing and let people know on here.

p.s. if they are to be launched at the same time globally i.e the same calender date, wouldn't that mean places like australia should have them in stores first; with the time difference and all?

14. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Yeah thats how Apple usually works.