So will the new Air get a retina display or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by houssein31, Feb 8, 2015.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

On the macrumors website, their 2 categories, a Macbook Air one and a Retina Macbook Air one. I know its impossible yo know for sure, but do you guys think the new Air will have a retina display or not?

2. matt550 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping so. Im waiting to see what the updates will be before I buy one. My current 2007/08 MacBook is due for an upgrade. I've decided on a MacBook Air. I'm in no hurry to buy, so I'll wait. But I really hope it gets a retina display.

3. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

It has to or Apple will be seriously losing a lot of buyers for this thing (including me).

The MBA is already very thin, if they can't put a higher resolution display in this new one, they are better off keeping the current form factor and adding it there.

4. houssein31 thread starter macrumors regular

Also since its a 12inch, really curious to see if there gonna price it the same as the current 11inch or 13 inch

5. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

It will probably cost more, at least to begin with. So they will keep an 11" model on sale as an entry level option, just as they have with the 13" model in the MacBook Pro line.