So Will We Have To Wail For Proximity Sensor Update For The Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oakland6980, Jul 18, 2010.

?

Will the dev_team/Comex wail for proximity sensor update to release the iP4 Jailbreak

Poll closed Sep 16, 2010.
  1. Yes, They will wait until its release.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, They will wait, but not too long.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. No, a release will be soon (max two weeks)

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. oakland6980 macrumors member

oakland6980

I think its smart to wait off a bit on a jb if you know there is an update soon. Steve mentioned at the PR conference that they'll be a update for the proximity sensor. Will comex/dev_team wait for that? I'm patient just miss my jb with my iP4. well cant miss it but i know how promising it can be...so what do you think?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. douflag macrumors member

WTH does the 2nd answer ("Yes, They will wait, but not too long.") mean anyway. It's the same answer as the 1st one. Lousy poll.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that your question might as well say "Will the JB tools be released before or after the 4.1.0 update?"

4. oakland6980 thread starter macrumors member

oakland6980

yea i threw that in last second. i was meaning if they were planning on waiting they might wait lets last 3 weeks then just release. not knowing when the update would come. (which probably would come soon after the release knowing apple)

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

6. oakland6980 thread starter macrumors member

oakland6980

yea i mistakenly typed 'l' instead of 't'

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

There's aways going to be firmware updates.

That's like saying they might as well wait until iPhone 5 comes out

8. oakland6980 thread starter macrumors member

oakland6980

yes true but usually they are publicly announced (4.0.1) and the mention of this issue updated. But i agree cant always be playing the waiting game.

9. wanzer macrumors member

You might want to look up the term "freudian slip" as well.

But the upcoming firmware updates are to fix inherent issues/defects with the phone. It's not the same as the previous upgrades, such as 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, since they were primarily software enhancements. The OP is talking about issues that make it almost impossible to use the phone in the most basic of functions, i.e. making a call without accidentally hanging up, muting, speakerphone, etc. that could be a dealbreaker for many people wanting to use the iPhone 4 as a phone.

Personally I hope the JB comes out after all of the weird issues with the iPhone 4 are resolved (which seems to be plenty). I would think the update to fix the proximity sensor would come sooner rather than later, so there's no need for a JB to be released before then. Certainly it would suck if people were faced with the decision between keeping their JB or updating to fix a major problem such as a malfunctioning proximity sensor, then having to wait months for another JB.

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Somebody delete this "mistake" (as in thread)