Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Let's assume that we are not getting a glass iPhone this year, and Apple sticks to aluminum. What do you think the chances are that we end up receiving space gray as a color option again? I find it odd that Apple decided to release a space gray MacBook Pro and now the new iPad in this color, after we got the black iPhone 7.

Is the iPhone 7 in black having atomization issues similar to the 5, by any chance?

If Apple were to stick to an aluminum finish for the 2017 iPhone, and space gray was available and looked similar to what it looks like on the new MacBook Pro, I would certainly be okay with that.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Honestly, there is no way of knowing or even guessing. Look at the Product Red for example, most thought Apple would not bring this back as an iPhone color, but it happened. Other rumors was Apple was going to delete Gold for the iPhone 7 and that color still exists.

Apple could bring it back, but I would say no with Jet Black and Matte Black. White is the next rumored iPhone color.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
There was a reason for SG for the iPad. SG isn't returning for the 2017 iphones.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
One can only hope. I'd love to see a SG option in addition to JB and matte black.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Saving money by not using the "new" colors on the new iPad since it is just a small update. You might get black/jet black/red on the next completely revamped ipad (if it happens).

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
SG never left (for the iPad).

SG ain't returning for the 2017 iPhones. I already said that.

You are the only one on that boat.
Does it matter that it never left? Apple could have easily removed it and gave us the black color option.

I didn't even say it was coming back, I was asking about the possibility of it showing up as it's on the new MacBook pros and new iPad.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It was never used as a color for iPhone to begin with.

You're correct. I was referring to Apple transforming the Product Red case into the actual casing for the iPhone, which was heavily discussed on here for while. I believe there was even a thread on this.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
You're correct. I was referring to Apple transforming the Product Red case into the actual casing for the iPhone, which was heavily discussed on here for while. I believe there was even a thread on this.
Yes, there was some speculation that it would happen but, honestly, I didn't expect it. It would have been more appealing with a black front, but oh well- I'm sure some will enjoy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.