so xoom or ipad 2 Graphics...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by No1up, Mar 5, 2011.

1. No1up macrumors regular

this is just about the GPU... which one has better graphics? again JUST the GPU!!!

2. IcyStorm macrumors regular

I don't believe the GPU for the iPad 2 has been revealed by Apple... but curious, why do you want to know?

3. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

I'm pretty sure that the GPU is the same as the last one.

4. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

With Apple claiming up to 9x graphic performance....how are you drawing that conclusion?

5. nostaws macrumors 6502

nostaws

I am pretty sure it isn't the same GPU. From Apple's site:

"Superfast graphics.
    Go, gamers, go.
    With up to nine times the graphics performance, gameplay on iPad is even smoother and more realistic. And faster graphics help apps perform better — especially those with video. You’ll see it when you’re scrolling through your photo library, editing video with iMovie, and viewing animations in Keynote."

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/

6. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

It's almost certain to be the dualcore version of the SGX543, which AFAIK should be faster than Tegra2 and everything else on the market right now. It's a bit more difficult to benchmark iOS device against other devices using Android, etc, though.

7. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I was watching some youtube videos, and the xoom has some really cool gaming graphics. It was pretty cool..

8. fausto66 macrumors newbie

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

@fausto66.... The a5 is the CPU which is actually a Cortex A9 with an Apple twist.

@OP.... The GPU is most likely the SGX543MP2 which is a dual core version of the SGX543. The reason I extrapolate this is that it's tech specs which are exactly 9x the gigaflops of the SGX535. The single core version SGX543 is 4.5 x gigaflops sp this must be the SGX543MP2 dual core version, which makes sense seeing as we have gone dual core with CPU.

From benchmarking samples it should be more powerful than the Tegra 2 I believe.

10. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

What others said re:SGX543MP2.

From what I've read, the GPU in the Tegra2 benchmarks in at being roughly equivalent to the SGX540, which is somewhat less powerful than the SGX543 (single core version).