So yeah, Wishing for USB3 this year. too bad!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJ-R, Nov 3, 2010.

1. DJ-R macrumors regular

For all those posts flaming back at me saying that not true or whatever.

Told you USB 3 comes in next year, you @&^$*!&$.
    Production starts in September'11 so it will be up to 2012.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/03/intel-chief-river-laptop-platform-to-support-usb-3-0-arrive-in/

Shame on yourself those who against me critically. I hope you enjoy your wait. There is no wait no. Get your MacBook Pro now or wait 1 year if you desperately for USB 3.

Additional information. Steve Job confirm there won't be USB 3 until Intel decides to support it. It will be in the mid 2011 or late 2011.

Apple to adapt USB 3 chip, it will be in Early 2012.

Just exactly like MacBook Pro 2010 model except there is a 2 months behind due to Intel and NVIDIA dispute.

2. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Google is a great place for questions like this. I did a quick search for you, putting "how fast is usb3?" into www.google.com

According to the first result from this search, it appears real world use is showing around three times faster than USB2. The spec claims as much as a 10x potential speed increase -- but that's only theoretical and actual results will vary and depend on many factors about both the host and target devices. For example, USB3 won't help if the device you're using isn't being held back by USB2 speeds.

4. vant macrumors 65816

They timed it perfectly so that Light Peak can take advantage of a weak adoption rate.