So yesterday I picked up an iPod from the Apple Store...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sarakn, Feb 5, 2014.

1. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

And just happened to browse at the 13" MacBook Pro. Imagine my surprise an excitement when I realized you can now get 16gb ram and 1 Tb storage.

When the new models were released, I picked up a maxed out 15" and wanted to get a 13" for home use. But $2800 is steep! Months ago, I wanted to hold off until the late 2013s hit the refurb store.

This is too tempting.

2. accountforit macrumors 6502a

So you bought a 15", but you want a smaller screen for home use? How does that make sense? Not to mention; do you realize that a MBP is a portable machine?

3. sarakn thread starter macrumors 6502a

sarakn

When I read your response, I was like WTF until I realized I left out a huge chunk.

I travel for work weekly and one of the things I have to do each week when I get back home unpack laptop, plug in, etc. I know this sounds like a simple thing, but this is just an annoyance.

If you talk to frequent travellers, you'll see that we have habits most people consider weird. In my case, I have 2 of many things: electric toothbrush, make-up set (most women will tell you that's not cheap), flat irons, so many things so this is just one less inconvenience when I get home.

My old laptop was a Dell 15" and I went straight for a 15". For casual home use, I think a 13" will be better as 15 at home is rather big.

This may still not make sense to you, but it does to me. :)