Soapbox

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
amiga said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5359120.stm

Microsoft at it again... Do you think also that they've been sitting about watching a Mac boot up? That scrolly clock thing feels very familiar :)
I find it funny... no Hilarious, that if you mention Microsoft copying Apple to a PC fan they go ballistic and say they don't. But it is so damn obvious in everything they do. This 'loading bar' is only a small thing this time but its a blatant rip off. And dont get me started on Gadgets... sorry Widgets! :rolleyes:

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
After seeing iMeowbots link it just backs up my first post. I know Apple doesnt have the 'copyright' of gradient fills but it tastes too much of Apple. As well as the black and white video controls. Hmmm.... where have I seen those before?

amiga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
London.
I couldn't even watch the video I only got the music and I'm on a PC at work right now!

riche

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2005
South Wales
And what's this all about when you try and close the window or hit the back button:

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?
true
Press OK to continue or Cancel to stay on the current page.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
iMeowbot said:
link - the demo video is scary. Oddly, they're using Flash instead of their own stuff.
I thought it was some amateur's link. Was it supposed to be a tall, skinny guy in tights with butterfly wings who's obviously never danced in his life?

SodaPopMonster

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Houston, TX
Man, they are obviously trying to get the teen population with that vid-

OMG, random! Must be a good service!

Ripoff- and the site says "Make your statement". Yet another Microsoft Oxymoron.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
riche said:
And what's this all about when you try and close the window or hit the back button:

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?
true
Press OK to continue or Cancel to stay on the current page.
Yeah, I was going to make a similar comment. I have not seen a javascript "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEAVE THIS SITE?" interrupt in years.

Wow. I never expected to see one again, let alone from a prominent business' website.