Sober enough to use Last Call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kwill, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

A rather odd iPhone app called Last Call has been released. For the life of me, I can't imagine someone typing in how many of which beverage consumed at which specific times and reading a BAC limit chart to determine whether a taxi is necessary to drive home when their eyes are blurry and mind is mush.

Hmm, one Long Island Iced Tea and a beer. Can I go home yet? :eek:

iPhone App Helps You Get Sloshed Responsibly - Wired
    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/11/iphone-app-help.html

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I know when I'm not able to drive.... when i touch hard alcohol :(

3. Kwill thread starter macrumors 68000

Kwill

Like me, you'd better stick with iBeer. :)

With the added feature of quickly locating a DUI attorney, Last Call is sponsored/authored by Avvo, Inc., a site designed for finding lawyers. I suspect, therefore that Avvo is aware that people who are stoned will not likely be able to compute their alcohol content but may be able to speed dial an attorney when allowed one phone call by the peace officer.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No chart will ever read your true BAC. Get the breathalyzer and shut the hell up.
    Better yet, don't drink and drive freaks.

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

As an advocate of drinking, I discourage drunk driving. Thankfully, I have several bars within walking distance. :D

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Let's see; if you have as many that Last Call would consider a Taxi would be the best way to get home, maybe someone can program Last Call to dial 911 and get you butt thrown in jail, then rehab and then your own reality TV show...:p

7. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

And they have a new App called "Beer Pong," where presumably you can sit at home and play "solitaire" by yourself.

Get some friends!!! Lol.

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't think those types of applications would save you if you got pulled over. "Well officer, my iphone app said I was safe to drive--so you don't have to charge me with a DUI" lol

These days, the penalties are so severe that you really can't take any chances. If you drink anything alcoholic at all you shouldn't drive. Better to spend the night in your car then in a prison cell and $10K in associated court costs.

9. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

If you think that you should use this app before driving that is the give away that you shouldn't drive.

10. jlwillia macrumors regular

I think the App. is designed to be a best-guess in case you have 2 or 3 drinks and want to be on the safe side. In all fairness, if anyone believes this app. will be a valid defense to a DUI, they deserve a DUI out of sheer stupidity.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

When you say 2-3 drinks, does that include shots? B/C usually 2-3 shots are just a warm-up for things to come...:eek:

12. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Seriously??? Do you think if you get pulled over, tested and are found to be above the legal limit you can go to Judge and say "But your Honor...my iPhone said I was ok to drive!" :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oops. jlwillia beat me to it!

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Amen, brother. I really don't see how this app would be very useful.

14. matttrick macrumors 6502

the real solution is to become a cop or fire fighter. most i know of drive drunk and would never get arrested for it.

15. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

If you have to check, it's not time to drive.

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Too bad the cops can still give you a DUI if you're found passed out behind the wheel. This almost happened to my brother last weekend in DC. The cop took his info and gave him 20 minutes to disappear. Said if he came back and he was still there or his car was gone he would be given a DUI.

:rolleyes:

Enough said.