Soccer goal flash app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Jimbo Asprilla, May 4, 2015.

1. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

Can anyone recommend a good soccer score app?

I'm currently using GOALLIVE which is buggy and I've tried EPSN which isnt much better, preferably biased to the BPL.

2. iSimon macrumors regular

I've been trying a couple - Forza and Onefootball, both for following the Premier League (though both can follow other leagues too).

Forza is quite nice as goal notifications are a bit fancier graphically and usually include a picture of the goalscorer, but I have found the live score on the app doesn't properly update the main "big" counter which seems to remain at 0-0 throughout the match. It does still show the latest score just beneath in a smaller font though - hopefully this will be corrected soon. It also doesn't properly "push" goal notifications - you have to set a refresh rate in the main phone app for it to check for goals either every few seconds (which is bad for battery life), or up to every few minutes (which while better for battery does mean you aren't getting those goal notifications as quickly as you might like).

Onefootball seems a lot less buggy and it does seem to do proper push notifications too, but it is a more plain looking app.

I'm still trying them both out to decide which I prefer.

3. Spendlove macrumors 6502

Spendlove

I used One Football this weekend for the first time to keep up to date with some of my favourite teams and it worked a charm. You can set the amount of push data it sends so I was very happy with kickoff/half time/full time and goals as they were scored.

It can send out a lot more info but I didn't need to know everything. Just the basics suited me.

I will use this next season.

I didn't like the Forza one. Sorry. Too fiddly to use and the push notifications were not as customisable for my tastes.

4. Jimbo Asprilla thread starter macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

Thank you ! I've installed OneFootball, looks good so far! I'll find out Saturday !

5. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I've used Forza for many years.

It has custom notifications on the watch too, so you get some extra details about each goal and a little puicture of the scorer, you can also open the watch app from the notification, very slick.