Social Medias Cost

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by DavidMichaelA, Dec 7, 2016.

1. DavidMichaelA macrumors newbie

If Apple had a form of social media, would you pay a monthly fee? Ex., $9.99mth -Email Included*
    I thought that this could be something strong on apples side, and could have great perks!!!

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

3. StayPuft Suspended

StayPuft

4. DavidMichaelA thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't dabbled with my iCloud yet. I don't know what I want, I just know I don't agree with free social media. I think if Apple offered a separate structure to pay for, I'd be more content.

5. belvdr macrumors 603

What perks could it have? They tried Ping without success.

6. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Paying for social media? There is no chance in hell that would succeed.

Not that it's bad enough that more people like me are trying to dstance themselves from social media in the first place.

7. 2457244 macrumors regular

8. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Can you elaborate on this?

9. belvdr macrumors 603

I'm afraid to hear the answer to that question.

10. DavidMichaelA thread starter macrumors newbie

I think if they're was cost to it, It would drive more curiosity. That's all.

11. smirking macrumors 6502a

No, goodness no. Building a social media platform is not as easy as it looks and besides, Apple's already had at least two ill fated ventures into the world of social networks/online communities. The first of which was the doomed AOL competitor eWorld.

12. Tholian macrumors member

IMHO, paying for social media would be worth it to me in some circumstances:

1) If it is focused on an area I care about, politics for example
    2) If it attracted a knowledgeable base of people who have considered opinions
    3) If the fees I paid were used to hire people who would do a good job of moderating
    4) If it had strict rules of conduct and and consequences for violating the rules

I would be willing to pay a fee, say around a hundred dollars. The owners could even supplement their income with advertising since i doubt a hundred dollars per user would cover all the costs. Anyone looking for a business idea?

13. smirking macrumors 6502a

Sigh, you just described the old Internet of the "Netizens" era. Everything cost you something, but people were far more reasonable and respectful of differing views. I miss those days.

14. getbretweir macrumors member

Why would anyone would want to pay for something that's already free? Beyond strange.

15. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

To answer the question, no. Why would I want to do that when everything else like that is free?