Soft vibrate? Anyone else

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Oct 13, 2014.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

The vibrate on my 6 is almost non existent. I can feel it if I'm sitting and its on my leg but not even on a table right next to me. Anyone else have a weak vibrate? I know the 5 had a strong and even loud. Just wondering. I may have to try a different pattern. I love how it doesn't rattle though like the 5 did.

2. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I find the vibrate in the Plus louder than any previous iPhone vibrate but not very noticeable feel-wise. So, yeah, I guess I agree with this. It's less of a vibrate function and more of a buzzing sound, which is kind of the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

3. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a 6 and don't feel it unless it's right on my leg. And can't hear it on table. Just very soft.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not usxe vibrate very often but when I did it was much softer than previous iPhones I have owned.

5. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I can't speak for the 6 as I don't have one but the Plus seems plenty loud, which is actually kind of problematic. I wish it was quieter but more vibrational so I could feel it more readily. Sounds like the same deal more or less on the 6. It vibrates, but it doesn't seem to shake the chasis much.

6. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. It doesn't shake it much.

7. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

My iP6 vibrates loud enough with the ringer OFF to wake me up, and the damn thing is under a pillow. I find that to be problematic - my sister called very early this morning. Grrrr.

8. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I've noticed this on my 6 too. A little disappointed because it was perfect on my 5s and I kind of depend on getting my texts in a timely manner while being at work and not being able to have the ringer on.

Not enough to push me into going back but an issue nonetheless.

9. james92se macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 6 Plus vibrate is so loud I'm forced to turn it off at work because all the constant loud buzzing is annoying and I'm sure bugs other people in my office. It's annoying to me because I must have my phone on silent, and the buzzing is so loud it defeats the purpose of the vibrate, so then I'm stuck checking my phone for notifications all day.

The actual sensation of the buzz is fine to me and I have no problem noticing it in when it's in my pocket though.

10. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Seems like some get loud hard vibrates and others get the opposite. I guess it just depends on what your needs. My phone seems to be perfect otherwise so I'm just going to try other patterns and see if that will help.

11. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Mine's just the way I like it.

Oh, yeah....

Is this weird if I'm a dude?

12. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I'm getting complaints about the intense vibration of my 6+ If I leave it on my desk when I return people say it's too loud.

Wow you'd think they'd use the same vibration motor in both.

13. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

Hey man, whatever floats your boat. If you are into that though, you should get a device that is actually meant for that purpose. An iPhone is unsanitary and could cause damage. Here is a device that I recommend.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N910AZKEATT

Best,
    Matt