Softbank (Japanese) iPhone4 Unlocked. Will it appear any different than U.S. iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Jun 20, 2013.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

It's going to take eight days to do so, but I have an iPhone4 that had been purchased and used in Japan in for an unlock from a local service here in town.

Once the procedure is complete, will there be any difference in the use of this iPhone vs its United States counterparts?

2. Baggio macrumors 6502

Should work fine with AT&T. May only get Edge on T-Mobile, due to the fact that T-Mobile uses different frequencies for 3G. In some cities T-Mobile has re-farmed their 3G to be compatible with AT&T 3G frequencies.

Some prepaid MVNOs use T-Mobile towers and some use AT&T towers. If not going directly with AT&T, I would suggest using a prepaid that uses AT&T towers, unless you are OK with Edge coverage on T-Mobile.

3. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

Thanks for the feedback. I was more or less seeking information on not so much the internals that way, but rather if Apple has these iPhones set up the same as the english counterparts.

For example, will each icon/screen appear the same or are there subtle nuances that differentiate this model from local iPhones once it's up and running with AT&T.

4. Baggio macrumors 6502

Should all work/look the same. No difference in iOS, if you have it set to English.