Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
hey guys, we haven't gone away, just haven't been frequenting the forums quite as much and I apologize for not keeping up with the comments.

If your case does snap at the camera lens area, we are offering replacements depending on when the case was purchased. Unfortunately, we do not have a true warrantee with these cases, but if you've owned it for less than 3 months and you experience any issues -- send us an email with your full name and include pics of the issue and we'll do our best to honor a replacement. We do review these on a case by case (no pun intended) basis and use our best judgment when replacing them.

My question is are the new ones cracking or has the problem been resolved?

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
It seems to be random which ones end up cracking, I've had the same case on my 6S plus currently for at least 2 months and it's been fine

Mike2128

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Mine just broke in a similar manner, though it's on the right side, not the camera side. Camera side does have a minor crack, so that was on thin ice. Only had it for about 3 weeks. Very frustrating.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Mine just broke in a similar manner, though it's on the right side, not the camera side. Camera side does have a minor crack, so that was on thin ice. Only had it for about 3 weeks. Very frustrating.

Good luck getting it replaced. They told me to kick rocks.

Mike2128

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Good luck getting it replaced. They told me to kick rocks.

Not even going to bother. Just going to break again anyway. My sister bought one too at the same time, just found out last night hers did the exact same thing.

I'd advise against buying this, people.

Cassie2015

macrumors member
May 10, 2016
United States
great news to you guys, i found this bargain https://www.tomtoc.com/activity/one-dollar-for-tomtoc-iphone-6-6s-case-google
It's 1$, I got one
[doublepost=1469271675][/doublepost]
I was really bummed to find out the Sandstone case that OnePlus released was only offered for the 6 and 6S. I really did love the feel of the OnePlus devices and would love to have a similar feeling case on my 6S Plus.

I've been working on this case ever since... hoping to have them in a week or so and will be offering them for $12, no lame android-company logo on the back either -- just some fun branding on the inside of the case! Here's a quick preview, will post more when the cases are finished and I am able to offer them for 6/6S Plus owners!

image.jpg
I got one for my brother, he just got a iPhone 6s, I think all boys enjoy it

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Got my Tomtoc case. Worth well more than the dollar spent. It's incredibly thin, but less flimsy than the usual silicon cases available. It comes up just above the screen, but barely. The cutouts and covers are well done. Really happy with this case.

wymi

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2012
Got my Tomtoc case. Worth well more than the dollar spent. It's incredibly thin, but less flimsy than the usual silicon cases available. It comes up just above the screen, but barely. The cutouts and covers are well done. Really happy with this case.

Got my $1.00 Tomtoc case today. It's not bad, the sides are very sturdy and don't bow out under pressure, I like that. The buttons are a little stiffer then I like but I'm sure they'll get better with use. The bad is how flimsy the case is just above the lightning port, it seems like it will break easily. For a buck w free Amazon shipping it's okay!

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
These will be available soon for the 7 Plus, we've tested them for extended periods of time and the issue with the fragile area around the camera cutout has been resolved, also added some additional colors this time!

Reactions: Jmacman78

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
These will be available soon for the 7 Plus, we've tested them for extended periods of time and the issue with the fragile area around the camera cutout has been resolved, also added some additional colors this time!

Excellent because that's where all my 6plus ones broke. Hopefully these are really better

Reactions: blue rocket

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
So I got my Sandstone case about a couple of months ago and it was awesome for about a month then I've noticed the edges were loosing their coating and getting shiny and then this morning the phone slipped out of my hand and dropped onto the counter about a foot high and the corner chipped. I had a similar issue with my 6 plus case I had that case replace and the replacement never had that issue. I wonder if that could be done again. IMG_0881.JPG IMG_0882.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.