HomeKit Software authentication

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by redrog, Apr 22, 2018.

1. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

Has *any* existing product been updated to utilise this? I’ve not seen any. I’m waiting patiently for Ring, Hive and iRISCO, but nothing so far. I was kind of expecting a deluge of updates for all sorts of stuff after 11.3

Is this a hardware problem, a manufacturer problem or an Apple problem?

2. redrog thread starter macrumors 6502

redrog

3. rworne macrumors 6502

Considering who owns Ring now, and the shenanigans they played in the past with Apple and Google, it's going to be a long, long, wait.

4. marklemac macrumors regular

marklemac

I'm sat waiting for Hive too. Their 360 hub still doesn't support it, but it 'supposed' to have a firmware update at some point.

5. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

I'm impatiently waiting for Ring as well. Now that 11.3 is out, they should at least announce something, since they've been promising their customers HomeKit support for years. I have the floodlight cam, and will be adding another and a spotlight cam IF Ring adds HomeKit support.

Being able to easily turn on the lights with Siri, the HomeKit interface and with automations are a far better user experience.

I hope Ring adopts this soon, or another company starts making HomeKit-compatible floodlights.

6. PhilippLA macrumors newbie

7. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

Thanks for this. This is exactly what I was looking for. It's awesome that the Netatmo Presence allows HomeKit to set automations with both light, motion and camera toggles. I'm going to buy one of these at the end of the month unless Ring announces something in May.