Software bundled with MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stella, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Hi

I got my MBP ( Penyrn ) recently but unlike my previous Macs, it came with no additional software, free or trial aside from iLife and OSX.

Is this correct?

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

3. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

4. Stella thread starter macrumors 604

Stella

Nope,nothing, not even graphic converter etc!

5. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

hmmm i dont know if i considder that bad or good

i wouldnt mind having the iWork trial installed off the bat, save me the hastle of downloading the trial or installing from the discs

some trials/ software would be OK, as long as its nothing like buying a windows computer from a company.

6. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I'm actually pretty happy mine came with such a clean slate. I was transferring enough crap from my old Powerbook, I didn't want to have to go through deleting the stuff I was never going to use anyway.

7. cobbe1 macrumors member

cobbe1

I like it better this way. This is pretty much a fresh install, just add what you want and no need to worry about what's left behind. :D

8. keithos27 macrumors regular

Thank God they did away with all the "extra" stuff pre-installed. Let each user decide what he/she wants that's extra. I'm most thankful that Office Test Drive isn't on there. :)

9. valvehead macrumors regular

This is probably my #1 reason for buying a Mac. I got fed up with prebuilt PCs coming loaded with adware and useless utilities. I built my own mid-tower four years ago so that I could choose exactly what hardware and software I wanted installed. I decided a many months ago that I needed a laptop, and the thought of buying a PC laptop made me nauseous. I started looking at Macs. I got won over by the simplicity of OSX. The switch to Intel chips meant that I wouldn't have to give up my masses of software. I am now happily dual-platform.

10. Stella thread starter macrumors 604

Stella

Definitely, the vast majority of the trial software is junk. Comic Life and graphics converter was useful / fun tho.