Software compatibility in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Osarkon, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

How likely is it that the current software we having isn't going to run on Leopard? I'm tempted to upgrade as soon as it's released, but if my most commonly used applications aren't compatible I'll have to wait.

The most important ones are Quicksilver and NeoOffice at the moment.

Any official word on this?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

in the past i haven't had to much trouble with upgrades to be honest. the good thing about Leopard being in Beta for so long is that most developers should have a good idea of what needs to be changed, if anything, to have their apps run in leopard and as such a patch or update should be available a few days/a week after launch. thats been my prior history at least though.

3. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'd guess that updates will be released around the same time as Leopard. Most developers now have the current build for exactly this purpose. I think you'll be fine ;)

4. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Leland Scott has been compiling a very comprehensive running list of what breaks/works in Leopard. While his list does not yet contain the WWDC 07 build, it would appear QuickSilver does indeed still work.

NeoOffice is not mentioned there (that I can see) -- his navigation system quite frankly sucks. But it's comprehensive. According to some various blogs, NeoOffice does not work reliably yet at this time, but I would count on it working by the time Leopard rolls out.

5. Osarkon thread starter macrumors 68020

Osarkon

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Since I have a Mac OS X app out there that I developed (but don't have access to any of the Leopard pre-release seeds) I have an interest in knowing whether or not my app works on Leopard, as well as all the other apps I use. Thanks for the link, that'll come in mighty useful.:)