Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilotjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I have a MacBook Pro. I've had it for almost a year now. Everythings been running smoothly until I decided to down load this software called Mac OS X Utilities version 1.0 (33) so I downloaded the software & I installed it. Reset my computer and this weird start up, that I've never seen before is on my screen. Asking me to "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac" & It's a 6 digit numeric code. In the tool bar it has the Apple logo, a Mac OS X Utilities tab, file, edit, utilities, and a window tab. I click on the tabs & try to click on another option within the tabs & nothings working. There's NO WAY AROUND THIS SCREEN. can someone help me please?

Here's the picture ---> https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/127179714@N03/15288810751/

Last edited:

pilotjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
where did you download from?

It looks like you got caught and installed a ransomeware.

I was looking to download imessage for my computer, but I came across a thread that had this software that had imessage & some other new features.
:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.