Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Does anyone know of software to add a nice photo gallery to my personal website? Sorry I do not have any examples...I have seen them before though. The ones where you click on a thumbnail and it enlarges it and blacks out the background? They look really classy. Any help is appreciated.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Does anyone know of software to add a nice photo gallery to my personal website? Sorry I do not have any examples...I have seen them before though. The ones where you click on a thumbnail and it enlarges it and blacks out the background? They look really classy. Any help is appreciated.

Well, there's iWeb. :)

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Thanks dZp! I am not very good with scripts or code ...I was hoping to find a wysiwyg kind of gallery creator online maybe but I cant find anything...I will try these....thanks again =)

edit - if I have 100 photos for 1 Gallery it still takes a loooong time doing things like this..

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
^
Knowing the answers to the following might help to give you other options:
  1. What application are you using to create your web site ?
  2. What application are you using (if any) to manage, edit your pictures ?

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I use Adobe CS4....Dreamweaver to create sites...I am not really editing the photos they are nothing special. There is just a huge amount of them that the client wants...If i was to edit and tag photos I'd be using Photoshop and/or Aperture.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Visual Lightbox looks cool....

Jalbum I don't know....I think it leaves branding of theirs on each album...and its not even hosted on your server...its on theirs I think...

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Jalbum I don't know....I think it leaves branding of theirs on each album...and its not even hosted on your server...its on theirs I think...

Jalbum is hosted on their site if you choose or your site or both, I believe. I think it does have branding, but there are lots of choices, some use Javascript, some use Flash and I think there are even some that don't use either for a real low tech. I think there's also a Virtual Lightbox skin or whatever they call them.

JackT06

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
What i use

I use Lightbox 2 and its good enough :)

Have a look at it on my website;
Click Here To View

You can change the size of the thumbnails too, and you can add a border.

Apparently, it is possible to add captions to it, i haven't tried that yet (Something to do tonight (; )

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
Another vote for lightbox, used it on my .co.uk and going to use it on my .com which I'm doing now.
Except this time instead of me having to tediously code in all my pics I'm using php to automatically create a gallery - it's so cool. I used captions on my one http://www.preciseformwork.co.uk/gallery1.htmthough don't think I'll be able to do that now generating it automatically with php. Bit worried as also won't be able for screen readers for the blind Jen will probably tell me off :(.
Are you a webdesigner?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.