Software for audio "tracking"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ehmjay, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ehmjay macrumors member

Hi everyone,

does anyone know of some good software that can be used for tracking (splitting) long pieces of audio into smaller bits (like concerts and the like).

i've got soundtrack and garageband and they can be used but as far as I know it requires me to go through, split every track, then move the track to a seperate project, export that track, go get the next one and so on.

is there any software where i can just place some markers and it'll create a bunch of files based on the locations of those markers? (i think soundforge used to do it on the PC).

thanks so much!

2. ehmjay thread starter macrumors member

but will audacity take my markers and auto split everything for me? i'd hate to think that it can do it and soundtrack pro can't...

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Did you read the Audacity Wiki page to which I linked you, which addresses this very question? ;)

4. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Sound Studio will do what you want. You can drop markers in a long audio file, then choose "split by markers". It has a particularly good UI.

Also check out Rogue Amoeba's Fission.

SL

5. ehmjay thread starter macrumors member

perfect thank you. i think i have a copy of sound studio lying around somewhere here. thanks so much!