software for integrated isight??

i-unit123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
hello,

after playing around with photobooth for a while, and ichat, im starting to find the isight kinda limtiing. is there any software i can download that will let me use the isight to record video???? as well is there any software i can use to get the integrated microphone to record sound??? sorry if these are n00b questions, but if i could use the isight to record videos and take audio notes in addition to simple ichat and photobooth that would be awesome. thanks :)

nicoritschel

macrumors regular
May 22, 2006
iMovie will do both :)
(Well at the same time)

If you just want to record audio, I would recommend Garageband.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If you pay for the QuickTime Pro upgrade, one of the benefits is trivially easy audio and video recording. Pretty much File->New Audio (or Video) Recording, then press the red circle to start and then the black square to stop when you're done.

Easy, easy, easy.

i-unit123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
will imovie/quicktime automatically detect the isight/built in microphone as the device i want to use? i believe i tried this with imovie before and it says it cannot find any connected DV cameras. how do i get it to use the isight?

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
i-unit123 said:
hello,

after playing around with photobooth for a while, and ichat, im starting to find the isight kinda limtiing. is there any software i can download that will let me use the isight to record video???? as well is there any software i can use to get the integrated microphone to record sound??? sorry if these are n00b questions, but if i could use the isight to record videos and take audio notes in addition to simple ichat and photobooth that would be awesome. thanks :)
i'm surprised there aren't any apps out there yet to have fun with the isight built-in. does anybody know if there's an API for it?

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
QuickTime Pro recognizes the built-in iSight in my Intel iMac by default. As for applications that use the built-in iSights, Delicious Library will work with built-in iSights, so Apple obviously has given developer's access to it.