Software for making photo presentations?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by al3000, Feb 10, 2008.

1. al3000 macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any software for producing photo presentations/slideshows? I am looking to make something with effects, text, and a soundtrack that changes throughout. I tried doing something similar in iDVD but found that I was quite restricted.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

iPhoto, GraphicConverter, QuickTime Pro, iMovie, PowerPoint, Keynote, a lot of apps. You have options. However, some may be better for your needs than others. Perhaps, you should be a little clearer about the number of photographs, how and where you want to do the presentation, etc.

3. al3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm looking at probably 100-150 photos, its going to be photos of family/friends so nothing too professional, and I would like to be able to export the movie onto dvd, and/or upload it to a site such as youtube :)

4. al3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Mitou macrumors regular

Since you are still looking, I would like to suggest that you do your presentation in keynote. It does an awsome job. You can export it to several formats. One great template for photos is (not free but worth its weight in gold) galleria from http://www.keynoteuser.com/

the theme comes with a lot of explanations to help you make a great presentation.

I am in noway affiliated with the seller of this product I am merely suggesting it as a great product.:)