software for moving contacts from iphone to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daytona, Feb 25, 2012.

1. daytona macrumors regular

daytona

I have always used Windows Addressbook and not MS Outlook. I have always used Outlook Express. Everything worked fine because I had an Identity just for the iPhone.
    Now since upgrading to Win7 and there not being a Windows Address Book due to Outlook Express. Along with me not liking MS Outlook, I have found Windows Live Mail somewhat do-able. WLM puts ALL of you contacts in one contact folder and does not allow them to be separate like as in OE and separate identities.
    iTunes wanting to sync everything in your contacts is not user friendly for me.

Any suggestions, I have looked a few different programs but not finding usable.

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

What about Google Sync?

I didn't if it allows contacts to separated, but it's worth checking out...

3. daytona thread starter macrumors regular

daytona

Thanks for the input. I just checked it out and found that Goggle Sync is for Gmail only to a few different electronic devices. Not for me yet. As of now I am using my laptop that has Win XP and Outlook Express with my multiple identities. Would rather it be working with my main computer ;o(

4. lpeedin macrumors regular

On Win7 click Start, Run, and type in contacts. It's build into W7.

5. fallingleaf macrumors newbie

I don't know if this helps but programmes like diskaid and phoneview are great for transferring stuff from iphone to the computer. You can search for a cracked version and get them for free. Hope it helps...

6. daytona thread starter macrumors regular

daytona

I checked it out....all looks great but it is not yet compatible with iTunes. Maybe someday and hopefully shortly. "Windows Contacts" shows up in iTunes but will not allow me to show the different folders. Only want to upload/download a specific Contact Folder.
    Thank you