software for posting lessons for students with password protection?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by altaprod, Jul 24, 2008.

1. altaprod macrumors regular

altaprod

I need help. I'm a teacher and want to share my lesson notes, comments, advice with my students via my website.

Ideally I would have a simple piece of software, i.e. Bento that I could add my comments in real time during the lesson, add a few notes after the lesson and then upload that to my website and it would automatically be sent as html or into an html folder. I like Bento because I could add pictures and I think audio to the database.

Once I uploaded the information, each student could log-in using a password and see their notes, etc. But the students could not see notes for other students. It's important that it be secure. Over time each student could log-in and see past lesson notes, pictures, audio clips from the year.

I currently use Little Oak as my host and RapidWeaver for my site builder.

Any ideas on a way to achieve this? Can FileMaker help? Maybe this is too ambitious.
    :confused:

2. altaprod thread starter macrumors regular

altaprod

Backpack/Campfire?

I just looked at both of these as an option if I wanted to go with services,but they seem a bit pricy for my needs.

I'm still trying to figure out if password management is something I need to work with my host service, Little Oak OR if this is something I upload along with my website.

I'll keep researching and post any info I find out for others.

3. altaprod thread starter macrumors regular

altaprod

BitNami?

Oh gosh, Now I'm really confused. I just came across BitNami.org.
    Now I'll be trying to figure out if this is helpful.

I have so much to learn.
    :eek: