Software for side by side video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by newmacuser13, Oct 15, 2012.

1. newmacuser13 macrumors member

I want to do a video that has side by side display of a radio control car race (1 perspective is from the driver looking down on the race, one is from inside the car). What software will accomplish my goal?

2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

I find your request a bit confusing?. How are you planing to capture the footage?. The way i read it is that :A: software is going to do that.
    What editing software do you have?:rolleyes:

3. musique macrumors regular

musique

If you want to have two simultaneous views of the same live process, you need to have two cameras capturing the two views of the action. You'll need to use a clapboard or a hand clap or time code to synchronize the two streams.

Once you import them both into a NLE (non-linear editor) like FCPX, you would then be able to display the two streams simultaneously.

I hope this helps.

4. newmacuser13 thread starter macrumors member

I have the footage already - one video from one camera mounted in the car, one video from a second camera while driving the RC car. What I'm trying to figure out is how to end up with a video production that displays the two videos side by side.

5. boch82 macrumors 6502

You need editing software or compositing software....

If you dont want to buy anything try downloading the trial of FCPX or the trail for After Effects....either one of those will easily allow you to do what you want