Software for web shop building

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by newworld, Jul 19, 2010.

1. newworld macrumors newbie

I'm looking for some software for macs for building a web shop. I took a look at iweb, but not sure if that will build a shop, or is there something better? Anything that is paypal integrated?:confused:

2. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

You can integrate e-commerce in your iweb or any other site program. For iweb and PayPal, all you need to do is add the PayPal buttons (shopping cart, buy now, pay now, and add to cart) into HTML snippets.

3. DJBenE macrumors member

Please please please do yourself a favor and hire a web developer/programmer to handle this for you. You're mixing up hosting packages with software.

You will need:
    1. web domain (your www.site.com)
    2. web host (to host the files which make up your site)
    3. ecommerce software (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopping_cart_software)

For the software you need it all depends on your hosting environment. If your host is using Linux OS definitely go with Zen Cart, or Magento, or osCommerce. If your host is using Microsoft OS (NT) definitely go with AspDotNetStorefront.

If you have any questions just reply back to this thread and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Also be aware that whatever shopping cart software you choose will need to be compatible with whoever your payment gateway/merchant account is through.

5. newworld thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

I plan to integrate paypal. Will this work with Storefront?

6. DJBenE macrumors member

Absolutely. We are using PayPal to process sales with our AspDotNetStorefront install (where I work; a medium-sized corporation) oh and also processing using Google CheckOut. AspDotNetStorefront has many options to choose from, so if in the future you need a better processor or whatever you have the ability to upgrade. To tell you the truth I'm a Linux guy and was forced to use AspDotNetStorefront here at work because they got stuck with it in the past and don't want to change things...and I gotta admit I like it compared to other shopping cart software I've used.

Sorry it took me a bit to notice you asked a question.