Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scissorband

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
I just got a new SSD for my MacBook Pro (late 2009 model) and got Snow Leopard installed on it, etc. because my old hard drive was being funky and not being recognized by the MBP for some reason.

Anyway, after I got Snow Leopard on it, I noticed that in the System Preferences pane, in the 'Other' row, the program MacFuse shows up even though I didn't install it. Is this an indicator of a problem with my MBP or is it normal for something like MacFuse to transfer over to the new hard drive? I don't know how the hardware functions so maybe the program installs to a different part of the MBP and not just the hard drive?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I just got a new SSD for my MacBook Pro (late 2009 model) and got Snow Leopard installed on it, etc. because my old hard drive was being funky and not being recognized by the MBP for some reason.

Anyway, after I got Snow Leopard on it, I noticed that in the System Preferences pane, in the 'Other' row, the program MacFuse shows up even though I didn't install it. Is this an indicator of a problem with my MBP or is it normal for something like MacFuse to transfer over to the new hard drive? I don't know how the hardware functions so maybe the program installs to a different part of the MBP and not just the hard drive?

Did you restore from a backup?

scissorband

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
No, I don't back up anything. My old hard drive completely died so I couldn't salvage anything from it, but I don't really care since nothing too important was on it. I just used the Disk Utility to format the new hard drive with Journaled (not case-sensitive) and proceeded to install Snow Leopard on it from the DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.