Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OKComputer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
Ban me if you wish, but I must get this off my chest.

I feel like increasingly often Top news stories pertain to software releases. Now, software is released and updated hundreds of times a day for Mac, but Macrumors is so selective about what they make news stories that I feel like they MUST be getting some financial gain out of it.

I have no problem with MR advertising. Everybody needs to make a living, but I feel like if what I think is going on actually is, then its pretty deceitful.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The only front page news story right now is about DVD Jon's Double Twist, which offers users a way to circumvent iTunes DRM...

A few months ago, I would have agreed with you, but I'm a little confused as to why you chose to wait until right now.

OKComputer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
I only digest the news stories every few weeks. Though this one about DRM did kick me off. Frankly there are plent of options for that and despite Apple selling DRM free songs, I think its still a grey area on whethere MR should be reporting on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.