Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Ok, here is my problem! I installed OSX without installing the extra software (iMovie, iDVD etc). The problem is that I now need them + cant get them onto my system without the software restore wanting to erase my HD! What can I do?

mmcneil

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Which Version?

What version of OS X?
What CDs do you have?
I have a variety of restore and install disks, one of which is Applications - it may be a bit out of date.:cool:

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I have an Applications CD as well. However, it only has the programs like Graphics converter, Snapz et. No iApps. Therefore, the apps must be on the restore cds (5 of them). I am using Jaguar.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Did you try running the Software Restore app (Applications/Utilities)? It will walk you through the process and let you select which apps you want to install.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
theres a program called Pacifist that will look into and extract programs from the .PKG files that many apple restores come from. i have yet to try it on Jaguar so i dont know if it works...i would think it does. I had to use it once to get internet explorer back on 10.1.x

good proggy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.