Software Only Works With One User

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DingleGuy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. DingleGuy macrumors newbie

Hello, I am very new to macs and love them so far but I recently purchased an older macbook which has Office installed on it. It works great with the main user account but I created a new user account and it doesn't show up under applications. What can I do to fix this so that it shows up for all users.

Thanks

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You ran straight into DRM. Microsoft sold you a licensee to YOUR user.

3. DingleGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. It's not just with this software but everything outside the default os x software.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Have you tried creating a new user account in addition to the existing account? I can understand why the Microsoft programs are doing it, but not all programs should be exhibiting this behavior.

5. chrfr macrumors 603

Office should run for all the users on the computer. It's not licensed for only one user on a computer.

----------

Are you looking inside the Applications folder inside the top level of your disk, usually called Macintosh HD? You can also access this folder by typing command-shift-A when in Finder.
    There is a separate Applications folder inside your own user account's home folder that is seldom used, and will generally appear empty. Any applications there will only be available for your own account, while applications installed to the main Applications folder will be available for all users on the computer.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

When it comes to Microsoft, should and actually will are two totally different things.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

Nonetheless, it isn't activated on a per-user basis.

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I am aware. There clearly is a permissions issue as other non-Apple programs are exhibiting the same issue.