Software Recommendation - Organization

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ApplEngineer, May 20, 2008.

1. ApplEngineer macrumors regular

I'm trying to find some software that will help me accomplish what I need to do. Here's a brief description: I'm a student representative for a national org. I'm in charge of a region that has various university chapters. I need as many of the following features as possible:

1. Contacts - Mail integration
    *Keep track of contacts and make group contacts (these contacts belong to this group,etc)
    *Hopefully integrate with Mail so I can send out newsletters.

2. To Do Lists
    * I'm going to have to keep track of deadlines and other items that have to be done, incorporation with iCal would be great but not necessary.
    * I need it to remind me that I have something due (deadline)

3. Calendar
    * Keep track of events.

4. Project (Maybe)
    * I may have a couple (1-2) projects that I have to make sure people are staying on track. This is not necessary but it would be great if there is some project management.

5. Notes
    * Be able to write notes and find them, and or link with dates etc.

**I know this is a lot of features but anything that can help me stay on top of things would be great.

Thanks in Advance!! :apple:

2. mddharma macrumors regular

If ACT was available on the Mac side as it used to be all of this could be done with that program. You may check out this link and join the campaign.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5462481#post5462481:)

3. jaduffy108 macrumors 6502a

Bento

http://www.filemaker.com/products/bento/overview.html

Edit:
    I agree with Cromulent below...
    OmniPlan is excellent. More powerful for project management than Bento. For me, Bento is powerful enough and is *ONE* app that syncs with iCal, Address Book, etc.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You can do all that (except 4) with iCal, Mail and Address Book with Leopard already. For number 4 you might be interested in OmniPlan.

5. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Schoolhouse doesnt work in 10.5.2. ive been waiting forever for an update so i can organise my assignments. does anyone know an GOOD alternative?

7. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

A fix for this is to run it in Rosetta (get info on the SchoolHouse app, and tick 'run using Rosetta).
    ^ Taken from the developer's blog.

He's working on a v3. Which should hopefully be out soon!

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i would prefer not running it in Rosetta :) i hate slow load times… needs to be snappy! ill wait for v3 or do you know any alternatives?