Software stop cloud syncing when...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jemichael, Mar 30, 2013.

1. jemichael macrumors newbie

Hi,

Odd request here but I use Sugar Sync, Dropbox and Google Drive for my file storage needs and when I tether off my restricted iPhone data plan - I need to quit the programs every time and then restart them when I get back to a regular wifi.

I was curious if anyone knew of a software that would block specific app's from transferring when connected to specific wifi's?

I had emailed Sugar Sync and Drop Box but got no replies back from them, figured that would be a good option to have in their software where if you set the wifi "John's iPhone" it would not sync as that was a wifi that was very restricted on Bandwidth but would automatically resume once back to a normal wifi like "John's Home".

Anyone have any thoughts or advice on how they handle such things when they are tethering? Its a big issue for me as I am a web developer and work with Adobe Files which can be very large and every save = a upload and that is not a good option for a Mobile Data Plan on AT&T.

Thanks!

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Google Drive and Dropbox each have a pause function , why don't you just activate it?

3. jemichael thread starter macrumors newbie

I did not know they had a pause function, must have missed it - Does Sugar Sync? That is my main one (have a 500gb account with them).

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I am not sure, you will have to check. I use backblaze for my online backups.