Software that resizes numerous pics at once?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flybye, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Flybye macrumors regular

Anyone know of a programmy that takes a bunch of pics, resizes them, and saves them in what series of names you want?

I'm getting kinda tired of taking 100+ pics and having to manually resize them all for email.

I've tried installing Google's Picassa a few times, but when I mount the dmg, viewing it does nothing. It seems like Google hasn't worked on it in a while anyways.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Go to versiontracker.com. I saw something like that when I was searching for stuff to put on my mac. There are also Applescripts that will do that.

3. Flybye thread starter macrumors regular

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

You don't need to resize photos to email. Drop the photos you want to email on mail in the dock and look at the bottom right corner of the new message window that opens. Or you can open a new message window from inside Mail and drop the photos in and the selection box will appear on the bottom right again. Even Preview will batch resize photos when you select and drop multiple files or a Folder on it.

6. Flybye thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I use Thunderbird but I also upload plenty of images to my server.

I now have a new service that automatically copies, renames, and resizes the images selected.