software that will capture 30 fps?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by generate, Feb 21, 2009.

1. generate macrumors newbie

Does anyone knows a "webcam/software solution" for my needs... or the mechanics of video cameras... as to why I'm having this issue. Or if it's just not possible yet with the latest technology & why.

I am trying to capture quick ideas on my instruments with a webcam, but my hand motion is always blurry!

Is it possible to capture med-fast motion video with "ANY" webcam.... "WITHOUT" the blurring? (in my case... my hands moving on the piano & guitar) I've been told to get the Logictech Quickcam Vision Pro, but I think it's the software.

I can set up my big bulky Sony Digital camera overhead on a sturdy boom, and then transfer that into the Mac, but I'd rather have a nice light weight webcam (or ?)... ready to capture quick ideas w/o all the setup & transfer etc.

I've tried many webcams now but still blurring.
    Every webcam I tried .. my hands are blury... even worse for overhead piano shots.

http://web.me.com/absorbmusic/Absorb_Music/webcam.html

I hooked my Sony DV cam into QT and recorded realtime into QT.. and got a clean hand motion... 30 fps, but thru my built-in MBP I get only 10 fps and no way to adjust it.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

The purpose of a webcam is to communicate over the internet. So, a slower frame rate is usually better. The cameras and their software are made with this in mind (read - cheaper).

3. generate thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I have webcams (including isight) that "can" capture 30 fps, but I can't find a way to get QT Pro to do it. they all turn out at 10FPS.
    I know there must be software out there that will let capable webcams capture at this frame rate i need.

With my Sony DV camera connected.. as just set to "on"... QT will capture it live at 30 FPS, and that one is very clear. no blurring of my hands.

4. generate thread starter macrumors newbie