Software that will (likely) never be fully usable again

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VerizonLover, Jun 22, 2019.

1. VerizonLover macrumors newbie

Self explanatory. As of 10.14, the followng software seems to have been abandoned by its developer:
    • Hard Disk Manager by Paragon Software (still lists product as "new")
    • DiskWarrior by Alsoft (haven't heard a peep about the v6 rewrite in eons)
    • Cardsmith by Ohanaware (developer is mute)
    The first two are mostly because Apple is being hostile toward developers, not releasing adequete documentation.

I mean, just look at how much (still relevevent) dcoumentation is now archived. :(

Having to resort to using Disk Utility to make dmg backups is an ugly kludge...

Anybody else have any other software gripes to add?

2. rjtiedeman macrumors 6502

I have been buying the upgrades to DiskWarrior for years. I ran it ounce a month. I have been watching the Alsoft web page for updates or progress but there has been no news or changes for quite some time. So my guess is, Apple is never going to allow anyone including DiskWarrior to repair APFS disks. However it still works great and I used it yesterday to repair my daughter’s Imac HD and Disk Warrior found and correct a lot of stuff that were slowing her imac down. So good job - Alsoft.

3. chabig macrumors 603

If you want to backup a dmg, just copy it in Finder.

4. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

I think he's looking to backup regular files into a single DMG file, not backup an existing DMG file.