Software to auto reset desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by betsiv, Nov 8, 2009.

1. betsiv macrumors newbie

In the Windows world, there is a program called (I think) Centurion that allows the desktop to reset to a default look (i.e., the program icons) so if a child accidentally deletes a shortcut, it will reappear when the computer restarts. Is there something like this for Mac? I run a computer lab in elementary school using MacBooks (10.5) and the students - especially the youngest ones - are forever dragging icons off the Dock, rearranging the desktop, etc. This would be a very helpful program for computer lab situations if you know of one, especially if it's FREE! Thanks!

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I would just use time machine, and set it to restore things.

3. betsiv thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't used that feature yet since our computers are relatively new. Is it hard to figure out? I thought it worked like a back-up system. Would I have to do it every night, or is that something I could set and forget? So many questions!!! Any step-by-step directions would be awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

4. tdgrn macrumors 6502

We use a program called Deep Freeze at work, seems to work pretty good, as all we have to do to reset a computer is to reboot it.

5. betsiv thread starter macrumors newbie