Software to back up USB drive on insertion

pbnz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Hi, I keep my life on my USB drives and constantly bring it from work (PC) to home environment (macs all around).
I need some software that would automatically backup/sync my USB drive when I place it in the mac at home each day. There seem to be a number of options available for windows, but I can't seem to find anything for the mac, all I keep coming across is ways to backup the mac to a USB drive!
Preferably I would like it to automatically backup the drive each time I insert it, so I don't have to manually do it each day.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the best software?
Thanks.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Hi, I keep my life on my USB drives and constantly bring it from work (PC) to home environment (macs all around).
I need some software that would automatically backup/sync my USB drive when I place it in the mac at home each day. There seem to be a number of options available for windows, but I can't seem to find anything for the mac, all I keep coming across is ways to backup the mac to a USB drive!
Preferably I would like it to automatically backup the drive each time I insert it, so I don't have to manually do it each day.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the best software?
Thanks.
I use Synchronize! Pro X from Qdea. Others swear by Econ Technologies ChronoSync.

Comment

occamsrazor

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2007
Both Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper will sync a drive automatically on insertion.

Comment