Software to burn video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tm0000, Aug 4, 2014.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

Hi everybody,

What software would I need to burn home videos to a blu ray disc? Would imovie work?

Thanks

2. andboom, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

andboom macrumors member

andboom

Toast Titanium / Pro

http://www.roxio.com/eng/products/toast/?gclid=CIPQ1ui8-r8CFYgIwwod2nEApQ

Both Toast Titanium and Pro are great options. It might be of interest that as well as allowing you to burn BluRay media with a BluRay burner you can also burn standard DVD media with just a standard DVD burner that will play in the same high-definition bluray quality on BluRay players (as if they were BluRay discs, but with a smaller capacity). Just choose High-Definition DVD as your output media. Version 11 of Toast Titanium also supported this feature if you installed the blu-ray add-on. You can still fit quite a bit of HD video on a DVD and if you don't need the extra capacity, burning high definition DVDs saves a lot of money on BluRay media (as well as a BluRay burner!) with identical results.

3. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you all think of nero? Would I be able to burn blu ray dvds from home videos using nero?

Thanks

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Nero will burn blu-ray's, but is for pc's only.

System Requirements

Windows® XP SP3 (32 bit), Windows Vista® SP2 or later (32/64 bit), Windows® 7 SP1 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32/64 bit), Windows® 8 (32/64 bit), Windows® 8.1 (32/64 bit)

I recommend Roxio Toast Pro 12 with the blu-ray plugin. Look for a discount code as there is a 20% one floating around (ROXIOSTORE20).;)