Software to Clone BootCamp Parition?? Not WINCLONE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by idle0095, Aug 6, 2008.

1. idle0095 macrumors member

Hello i need to clone and then restore my boot camp parition. winclone is erroring out at 81% every time so i need something else that does the same as winclone. help.

2. gonzalno macrumors newbie

In my experience Winclone in a good aplication but not a perfect app. Winclone can not be used to make a XP migration to another Mac with a superior memory bus than the original Mac.:apple:

3. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Or maybe the software running in Windows, such as Norton Ghost? My dad uses it in XP to create a copy of partition and praises it.

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Would this work ? You can create the Windows partition backup while you have windows running but to restore it you have to boot from the Norton Ghost boot cd. Would this also work with a Mac with bootcamp ??

Thanks,
    Tex

5. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I'm pretty sure that Ghost would work. I think the only way it wouldn't work is with a Virtual Machine, which Bootcamp is not.

6. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

ok good to know.

7. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

There is also a free alternative for Norton Ghost -- HDClone, but I haven't tried it. As I said earlier, my dad use Ghost for years and it works. I have no idea if it will work in OSX.