software to convert MP3 to MIDI

Discussion in 'macOS' started by omsjawmusic, Jan 13, 2008.

1. omsjawmusic macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, :D
    any suggestion for MP3 to MIDI conversion software? (I'd like to import songs in Finale or Sibelius x music notation).

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

It can't be done. Think of midi as vector art and mp3 as pixel art. Midi is composed of instructions which control instruments while mp3 is just recorded bits. You can convert midi to mp3 but not the other way. If you do a search on google, you should be able to find midi versions of lots of popular songs.

3. Malkolm macrumors newbie

software to convert MP3 to MIDI

I don't think any software on any computer platform can do what you want...yet. You need services of a human to transcribe an audio file.
    Otherwise, if you want to convert midi to mp3, you can try MIDI to MP3 Converter. I always use it when I need to listen to my music on my mp3 player.

4. imacdaveb macrumors newbie

There is a way sort of.

There is sort of a way although not fool proof and not cheap. Audioscore Ultimate is a programme connected with Sibelius 6 which will convert audio to a score which you can then save as a midi file and I believe Finale offers a similar feature. How ever I'm not sure how accurate or easy it is. Check the Sibelius website. It might do what you want though it isn't cheap and I'd want to see it in action before parting with my cash.

:)

5. Ka Ora! macrumors regular