Software to create forms needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SamTheMan65, Dec 5, 2011.

1. SamTheMan65 macrumors newbie

Can anyone suggest a good program that creates forms? I need to be able to create several types of forms that allow info. to be added to specific fields that I can customize. I alos need to be able to print the results. Thanks.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

A bit more information about what specifically you are wanting would help, but to start off check out Open Office for Mac. It's free, and you can create forms in their word processor application, or if you want more of a database, you can create something in their database application.

you could try Google Forms online as well, and it will let you save to the Google Spreadsheet the entries and submissions you get.

3. SamTheMan65 thread starter macrumors newbie

bmcgonag

Thanks for your reply. I did a lot of research but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have a small home business. I just switched to mac from pc. I would like to create a series of forms that I can use when meeting with a client. I would like to set the fields (topics) ahead of time so I can simply tab to each field / question and then input their answers / information into my MBP. I would then like to print the form so I could use it on location. I looked into data base programs such as Bento and Filemaker but am not sure if they are appropriate for what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm sure pople do this all the time and it seems simple but I can't seem to find anything. Many thanks!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use Microsoft Word to create custom forms. You can also use Excel for this purpose, but Word gives you better control over formatting.

5. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

Filemaker can do what you are asking, as can Adobe Acrobat Pro (using a designed form from another program such as Word, InDesign, InfoPath, etc.)

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

For a simple free solution, I would use the Open Office Word Processor. You can design a form that will let you set tab order, and enter data, then save it, print it, or whatever else you want.

It's quite useful, and you can even make a fillable PDF out of it if you want, though you won't be able to save in the PDF version...you'd have to print it right then.