Software to move tag info to the front (web optimized) of a video container?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by blueroom, Dec 13, 2013.

1. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I know Handbrake can do this (web optimized) during conversion but is there any software Subler? than can do this to existing video files?

2. rayward macrumors 68000

Subler has an "optimise" function that does this.

3. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I think it's checked in Subler by default. It's in the queue when you click the arrow drop down.

4. dynaflash macrumors 68020

Its under "Save" in the File Menu as well. Use it all of the time.

5. spuggyleeds macrumors newbie

Is there something for us Windows users as I believe Subler is Mac only? I have nearly 500 movies and didn't check the 'Web Optimised' option in Handbrake till a few days ago so most of my movies were encoded without this!

6. mic j macrumors 68030

Are your movies from dvd, BR, other? In my experience, web optimize does nothing for dvd size/quality rips. So the question is, are you experiencing something that makes you feel optimization is needed?

7. spuggyleeds macrumors newbie

My movies are all from DVD rips. I have a couple that are 3.7GB, but most are around 2.5GB ish!

I'm not experiencing any issues as such, I've just been reading some threads on here and thought I might be missing something which will make my movies load quicker! They seem to load after maybe 8-10 seconds normally! I'm so glad you said that it does nothing for DVD rips in your experience. You have saved me a load of time getting these Optimised. I did try 'V for Vendetta' both with and without Web Optimisation and it didn't seem to make any difference to the load time.

Is 8-10 seconds normal for load times for DVD rips?

Thank you for putting my mind at rest mic j :)

8. mic j macrumors 68030

8-10 is reasonable depending on the quality of your network. You will know you have a need for optimization when you try to play a BR and it just loads forever (I have waited over 30 minutes for some and even then they never started).