Software to recover deleted pics?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by absolut_mac, Dec 6, 2011.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

My 13 year old son accidentally deleted all the pics from his Nikon CoolPix P1 camera that were stored on the SD card. Fortunately they weren't stored on the camera's internal memory.

Can anybody recommend any free Mac software to recover these pics?

If there isn't any decent free software that will do the job, then which one would you recommend as best of the cheapest ones that will still do a good job?

2. DoctorYQ macrumors newbie

Software to Recover Deleted Pictures.

Sandisk has a software to recover deleted pictures. Not sure how you can get one besides buying a Sandisk memory cards.

3. jbcandkc macrumors member

I have used Exif Untrasher and had very good luck with it as long as you stop using the SD card so you don't overwrite the images.

4. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've used EaseUS and Sandisk Rescue Pro. Both work well although EaseUS is my program of choice.

5. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Thanks for your quick response DoctorQ but I didn't see any free recovery programs on their site, only software for sale. Maybe it's free with the cards but i didn't pay attention to that at the time that I bought it for him.

----------

Thanks. I downloaded it and will try it out later tonight.

----------

Unfortunately EaseUS doesn't seem to have a Mac version. I could only find the PC version on their site.